terça-feira, 14 de outubro de 2008

What would I be without my friends?

The answer for this question is so simple ... Nothing!
I have been surprised and spoiled for the past couple days.
By Sunday I got an email from darling Carol Ridyard answering the appeal I made in my previous posting. I am overjoyed with the lovely image she got me!!! She said the girl was actually wearing a black bikini but her son Justin doctored her! I am thrilled!!!! That guy is just a computers Jedi or something! Well... maybe that’s something really simple to do, but, for ME it’s something like performing a brain surgery! Only comparable to crocheting or knitting maybe! Lol. I thank you, Carol, from the bottom of my heart!
Now I need to figure out how to work with this image to make a new banner for my blog. This is going to be true fun.
Then yesterday another surprise... A large white envelope from Belgium arrived. Weird... I wasn’t expecting anything from Belgium... Couldn’t point the sender because the words weren’t very clear. Once I got it open the mystery was solved: sweet Chantal sent me those awesome calendars and magazine!
We were chatting at MSN the other day and she told me she used to be a big fan of
Margaret Sherry’s designs, but not anymore. I am a big big big fan of MS and, lucky me, I was at the right place and at the right time: she offered to mail me the issues she had and was giving away! Can you believe that?!!!! I shall start trying my luck with the lotto! I am smiling until now! Thank you Chantal, very very very much! You are an angel!
With the Cross Stitch Crazy I got a free kit. It´s a MS card and I am already stitching it. As husband was having fun with his PS II, I was stitching it. I have never stitched a kit before and thought it would be nice to have a sweet card ready for some nice friend, or maybe my mom or sis. Have been seeing so many girls talking about kits I decided to have a go. It´s a small piece, so, fast to finish, but I must to confess, I’m not liking it. The people who set the kits are not very generous with the flossies. I’m scared the green floss will run out before I finish my work. It’s stressful! Also, the cuts are sooooo short! I should have used my own skeins...
I use the loop method when I stitch, and it’s almost impossible with this short cuts of thread. I’m back to start and finish like I used to do when I was a beginner. Take a look on how it’s looking so far: That makes me wonder: are you a fan of kits? What is the thing you like the most in the kits? What you hate the most?
Well, I think that’s all for today ladies... Oh! Please, remember I still have one empty spot in my PIF list #2. Leave me a comment if you are interested.
See you soon!

5 comentários:

♥ Nia disse...

Estava tentada para o PIF!! hahahah Já estou no teu primeiro mas... mesmo assim... quase me inscrevo na vaga!! :p hehhehe Não pode ser, muitos compromissos, ainda tenho o meu 1ºPIF lol!! Mas a tentação é grande!!!! :D

Essa imagem também está bem gira :) Esqueci do detalhe que querias uma pin-up!
Se quiseres usar essa nova imagem, a melhor forma de adaptar para banner do blog, seria com um programa de edição de imagem (não sei se tens Photoshop, algo do tipo). Podes criar um rectangulo com um fundo vermelho, a pin-up à direita e o restantes espaço à esquerda com o nome do blog a fazer um efeito giro ;) são palpites heheheh

As revistas devem ser lindas!! Que miminho tão gostoso :) Adoro MS também!!! :D

bj-bj-bj, Nia :o)

too_busy_to_stitch disse...

Know what you mean about the freebie kits - I really don't stitch too many of them. I have run out of threads a couple of time, and it's SO annoying - a few mags used to give the DMC or Anchor numbers that they were using, so it wasn't so bad, but that's less common now. I find they're also real mean with the amount of fabric too.

Jinger disse...

Congrats on getting your new green bikini pinup girl! :-)

Also, congrats on your new MS books.

♥ Nia disse...

Oi linda! :)
Que tal o kit da MS, quase pronto? :)
Comecei a fazer bordadinho em linho, uma estreia para mim :p Não achei dificil, pensei que seria mais complicado. Requer mais atenção na contagem, de resto é normal ehhehehehe Fiz um pequeno bordado no fim-de-semana, só para testar, agora vou treinar mais um pouco para fazer bem bonitinho ;)

Tens alguma dica sobre o uso do linho? Tipos de linho melhores, algum aspecto a ter em atenção? Sei lá! Qualquer ensinamento será sempre bem vindo ;) eheheheheh

Uma linda semana para ti :)

Janaina disse...

Pois! Só agora vi a vossa mensagem aqui! Desculpa, querida!Está sim, quase pronto... Parei um pouco... estou realmente achando que a linha inclusa não vai dar até o fim do projeto... Ai, ai, ai... =(
Ohhhh que bom! Sabes, eu passei muito tempo a xxx apenas no etamnie (quadrilé aí! Hehehehe)mas uma vez que descobri o linho, nunca mais voltei .Ás vezes ainda xxx no etamine, mas então é quando eu xxx um bloquinho para o Love Quilts ou o Quilts 4 Kids.
Dica? Mmmm... Deixe ver... procure deixar sempre a mesma tensão nos pontinhos, tal e qual fazes no etamine.Deves estar a usar uma trama não muito miúda, pois não? Se a sua curiosidade aumentar, podes no futuro tentar uma trama bem miúda e bordar em 1x1, ao invés de 2x2. Trabalho delicadíssimo e exijente de bons olhos.Verás que os pontinhos fracionados e o ponto de contorno saem muuuuito mais bonitos no linho do que no etamine.
A depender da qualidade do linho ele desfia muito fácil, assim, uma bainha é bem vinda. Como não tenho paciência para bainhas, costumo usar uma fita adesiva nas bordas.
Espero ter ajudado! =)
Um bj bem grande!